Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is an easy recipe for tough cuts of meats, I added garlic salt,white pepper and a little paprika instead of regular salt. I added red wine, wasn't peticular on the brand and a little flour wisked in for the gravy. I put the spices in a bowl and tossed the meat pieces in it covered. Worked great! Thanks for posting!
- 3 lbs round steaks, 1/2
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into small pieces.
- Trim all fat and membranes from pieces.
- Pound each piece until 1/4-inch or less.
- Mix mustard and spices and dredge meat on both sides in mixture.
- Have large frying pan medium hot with oil.
- Fry a few pices at a time 1 to 1/12 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Keep warm.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid, set aside.
- Add mushroom liquid and Worcestershire sauce to pan.
- Simmer and scrape off pan drippings.
- Add mushrooms and wine to liquid, heat, you may thicken the liquid with flour or cornstarch if desired, and serve over meat.
- NOTE:Meat may be pounded ahead of time if desired.
- Refrigerate in single layers or dry slightly before dredging as this will make it brown more quickly.