1 hr 20 mins
My youngest son's favourite curry from a very early age!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g diced pork
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 curry leaves (dried or fresh, optional if unavailable)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 4 small red chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemongrass (or zest of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste (or 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1Combine pork, vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl, mix well and all to stand for 20 minutes.
- 2Drain, reserving liquid.
- 3Heat the oil in a large pan, stir in onions, garlic, curry leaves, sugar, cinnamon,fenugreek seeds, chillies, turmeric and lemon grass.
- 4Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- 5Add pork to onion mixture , stir over high heat until pork is browned.
- 6Transfer mix to medium saucepan, stir in combined tamarind concentrate, fish sauce, stock, reserved liquid and nuts.
- 7Stir over high heat until mixture boils, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove lid and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devil's Pork Curry
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.9
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.2 mg
- Sodium 1048.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: