Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These taste like scallops but lots cheaper. The best easy appetizer ever. Good enough that one recipe is not enough, I do several can of chestnuts and a couple of pound of bacon. I also use light brown sugar but that's just choice. Warms over great in the microwave, or keeps hot in a slow cooker. If there are left overs I like them for a quick all for me snack. Cook on a broiler pan, I line the pan with tin foil and spray the top both sides with Pam for ease of cleaning. How many it serves depends on how many you make.
- Cut each chestnut in half.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 1/3.
- Wrap each 1/2 a chestnut in 1/3 slice bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on the broiler rack and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes turning half way through.
- Mix sugar and ketchup together.
- Remove chestnuts when after 30 minutes or when bacon is done enough for you.
- Dip each piece in the sugar / ketchup mixture and return to the broiler rack.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes .
- Serve warm.
- Maybe made ahead and rewarmed just before serving time in the microwave for 20 - 30 seconds till just hot.
- Maybe kept warm in a slow cooker.
- VERY VERY GOOD.
This is so yummy....... I just love the sweet, and tangy taste. I could make a meal of these.