Recipe by will-he's mom
These taste like scallops but lots cheaper. The best easy appetizer ever. Good enough that one recipe is not enough, I do several can of chestnuts and a couple of pound of bacon. I also use light brown sugar but that's just choice. Warms over great in the microwave, or keeps hot in a slow cooker. If there are left overs I like them for a quick all for me snack. Cook on a broiler pan, I line the pan with tin foil and spray the top both sides with Pam for ease of cleaning. How many it serves depends on how many you make.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chestnut in half.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 1/3.
- Wrap each 1/2 a chestnut in 1/3 slice bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on the broiler rack and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes turning half way through.
- Mix sugar and ketchup together.
- Remove chestnuts when after 30 minutes or when bacon is done enough for you.
- Dip each piece in the sugar / ketchup mixture and return to the broiler rack.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes .
- Serve warm.
- Maybe made ahead and rewarmed just before serving time in the microwave for 20 - 30 seconds till just hot.
- Maybe kept warm in a slow cooker.
- VERY VERY GOOD.