You will never, ever believe what the two "surprise" ingredients are! I got this recipe from a book called "It Worked for Me!" from Parents Picks, and tried it out on my family at Thanksgiving. EVERYONE loved them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2In a food processor, puree spinach and beets until smooth.
- 3Prepare cake mix as directed, except use 4 eggs instead of 3.
- 4Add pureed spinach and beets to cake mix.
- 5Fill muffin cups to the top with batter.
- 6Bake 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely before frosting with vanilla or chocolate frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devil's Food Surprise Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g