Recipe by MrsJ
This recipe was on a box of Duncan Hines Deluxe II Devil's Food Cake Mix and dates back to the late 60's or early 70's. The Deluxe II series is no longer made by Duncan Hines. I assume that the Moist Deluxe series replaces the Deluxe II. I made the recipe several times, and it was very good. I am posting to Zaar so that I can throw away this tiny piece of paper.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, careful not to overmix.
- Bake in a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cake will be done when center springs back when touched lightly.
- Let cool right side up for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- To make the chocolate glaze, combine the cocoa, water oil and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Immediately beat in 1 cup confectioners sugar.
- Drizzle over cake.