Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are incredible chocolate cupcakes!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners or skip the liners and just grease the pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly while mixing. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost Devil's Food Cupcakes as desired. These are even good just drizzled with chocolate syrup.