Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made with a cake mix, these cookies are very easy. I saw where Nane had made some with Butter Pecan (Butter Pecan Cream Cheese Cookies (Cake Mix)) because her Mom didn't like chocolate. Well, I searched for the Devil's Food cookies because I LOVE chocolate. Couldn't find it on 'Zaar so I am posting it after finding it on Recipe Goldmine. YUM!
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Blend in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry cake mix, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by scant teaspoonsful onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
the flavor is okay I would have prefered a more intense chocolate flavor, the cookies baked out a little too soft for out liking, if you like a soft cookie then try this recipe! thanks for sharing Mary...Kitten