Top Review by jamb
I made half of this recipe yesterday and they are already gone from this house! I used light margarine and splenda instead of sugar. I didn't use the powdered sugar... loved them plain. Thank you.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and egg whites.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2" apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Notes: Buttermilk Substitute: Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar with enough skim milk to equal 1/2 cup; let stand 5 minutes