Recipe by justcallmetoni
Looking for a lighter alternative to satisfy my craving for something chocolate, I stubbled across the web site www.chocoholicsrevenge.com. These fit the bill and the results were scrumptious. I lightened the orginal recipe by substituting much of the sugar with Splenda.
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup prune puree (bakers fat substitute, or use baby food)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, prune puree, yogurt, oil and egg whites.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and instant coffee.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the web, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart and creating 24 cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched lightly.
- Do not overbake!
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool.