Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
Marie Simmons; Devilishly good. For those times when you need to indulge.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder,sugar, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla; whisk until blended.
- Add the liquid ingredients and 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; be careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before removing muffins from pan.
These muffins are chocolatey, and not too sweet, that's what makes them delicious. Muffins shouldn't be as sweet as cupcakes. These muffins are excellent as is, although some options are to replace the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips or add some chopped walnuts to the batter.
Ok at first this was a 3 star recipe for me, the first time I tried it cos i found that it was not sweet enough. I guess my family has more of a sweet tooth. I didn't give up, and I tried it again, this time I increased the amount of sugar to 3/4 cup and it was Perfect. 5 stars. I did another batch, and I added just the 1/2 cup of sugar, BUT I added white chocolate chips instead and it was FABULOUS!!! I totally recommend that!! Try this recipe, it is really versatile, and you can do heaps with it. :)
Five Stars for your delicious Devils Food Chocolate Chip Muffins, NurseDi! So simple to make and so delightful to consume! This will satisfy any of your A.M. chocolate needs ;). Thanks for yet another 5 star winner!