Recipe by SrtaMaestra
These are great for potlucks and bake sales! The cake mix and butter make a brownie-like crust. I would recommend lightly spraying the edges of the pan, to make it a little easier to remove after the marshmallows back to the edge. The butter will take care of the bottom!
Top Review by RoxiGirl
I made this for a work food day and received many complements! I used a bag of peanut butter chips. The next time I make this I will press the cake mix firmer into the melted butter. I had some pieces that were powdery from the cake mix not being absorbed into the butter. Other than that it was very easy to make and tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (18 -19 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (or a combination, or butterscotch chips, or a combination) or 12 ounces peanut butter chips (or a combination, or butterscotch chips, or a combination)
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in oven at 350 degrees in 10 x 15 inch pan. Watch so it doesn't brown/bubble! Make sure entire bottom of the pan is coated with the butter.
- Sprinkle cake mix over melted butter. Press down.
- Top with marshmallows, then chocolate chips, and then Cheerios.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top of the last layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut edges while warm. Refrigerate until firm and cut into bars. 24 bars makes for pretty large bars. Cutting into 48 is very difficult because of the cheerios.