Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for potlucks and bake sales! The cake mix and butter make a brownie-like crust. I would recommend lightly spraying the edges of the pan, to make it a little easier to remove after the marshmallows back to the edge. The butter will take care of the bottom!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (18 -19 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (or a combination, or butterscotch chips, or a combination) or 12 ounces peanut butter chips (or a combination, or butterscotch chips, or a combination)
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in oven at 350 degrees in 10 x 15 inch pan. Watch so it doesn't brown/bubble! Make sure entire bottom of the pan is coated with the butter.
- Sprinkle cake mix over melted butter. Press down.
- Top with marshmallows, then chocolate chips, and then Cheerios.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top of the last layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut edges while warm. Refrigerate until firm and cut into bars. 24 bars makes for pretty large bars. Cutting into 48 is very difficult because of the cheerios.
I made this for a work food day and received many complements! I used a bag of peanut butter chips. The next time I make this I will press the cake mix firmer into the melted butter. I had some pieces that were powdery from the cake mix not being absorbed into the butter. Other than that it was very easy to make and tasty.
Gooey, sticky, and sweet sweet sweet! Almost like a brownie topped with sticky caramel, then a gooey, chewy crunchy topping. I admit, they really didn't look that great when I took them out of the oven, but after a few hours in the refigerator, they firmed up nicely and were easy to cut. Thanx for a great sweet treat!
Holy sweet! A little too much for me, but DH and DD loved it. I made it exactly as written. It was very easy to throw together!