1/1 Photo of Devil's Food Cake With Chocolaty Dizzle Icing
1 hr 15 mins
This is a moist devil's food cake with smooth chocolaty icing. Chocolate cake recipes can be challenging to find the perfect balance of being a chocolaty dream and moist. I researched many recipes and came up with a combination I thought would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups milk (room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate icing
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (room temperature)
- 1Devil's Food Cake Directions.
- 2Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- 3Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- 4Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda together and set aside (or use a fork to blend well).
- 5Cream together sugar and butter using an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- 6Add vanilla and blend.
- 7Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well after each egg.
- 8Add flour mixture and milk (1/3 at a time) mix well but do not over blend until mixture is wet. Scrape down sides between each addition.
- 9Pour evenly into the Bundt pan. Drop on counter to remove any bubbles and bake 50 to 65 minutes until done by testing and tester coming out clean.
- 10Cool in Bundt pan for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- 11Turn out on wire rack to continue cooling.
- 12While cake is cooling make the chocolate icing.
- 13Chocolate Icing:.
- 14Melt butter and chocolate baking squares in a saucepan.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Blend in vanilla.
- 17Blend in confectioner's sugar one cup at a time using a wire whisk (icing will be very thick after all the confectioner's sugar has been added).
- 18Add in milk one tablespoon at a time until you have the desired consistency.
- 19Drizzle as much (or as little) as you like on the cake.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devil's Food Cake With Chocolaty Dizzle Icing
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1107.5
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 805.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 133.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g