jas kaur's Note:
recipe from kitchencrafts n more.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cocoa powder & baking powder.
- 2Layer mixture and other ingredients in order given in a 1 quart canning jar.
- 3It is helpful to tap jar lightly on a padded surface (towel on counter) as you layer ingredients to make all ingredients fit neatly.
- 4Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from fabric of your choice.
- 5Center fabric circle over lid and secure with a rubber band.
- 6Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- 7Attach a card with the following directions:
- 8Devil's Food Cake: Cream 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening with top layer of sugar in jar and beat until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Slowly blend in 1 1/2 cups Milk and 1 teaspoons Vanilla, then add remaining dry ingredients from jar, and blend until smooth. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan which has been greased and floured. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devils Food Cake Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g