Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
recipe from kitchencrafts n more.com
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cocoa powder & baking powder.
- Layer mixture and other ingredients in order given in a 1 quart canning jar.
- It is helpful to tap jar lightly on a padded surface (towel on counter) as you layer ingredients to make all ingredients fit neatly.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from fabric of your choice.
- Center fabric circle over lid and secure with a rubber band.
- Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- Attach a card with the following directions:
- Devil's Food Cake: Cream 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening with top layer of sugar in jar and beat until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Slowly blend in 1 1/2 cups Milk and 1 teaspoons Vanilla, then add remaining dry ingredients from jar, and blend until smooth. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan which has been greased and floured. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.