Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Devil's Food Cake
Make and share this Devil's Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat milk in small pan until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Mix cocoa and white sugar together in a bowl. Slowly beat in warm milk. Let cool.
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add cocoa mixture.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients together and blend in to butter mixture. Don't overbeat.
- Turn in to two well-greased and floured 9 inch layer cake pans and bake 25-30 minutes, until cake shrinks slightly from sides of pans, and springs back when touched gently in the center.
- Cool on a rack for a few minutes, then turn out of pans on to rack.
- Wait until completely cool before frosting.
- See "7 Minute Frosting" for Easy Frosting Recipe.
We love this! Love chocolate, love cake! This is a nice moist cake and your frosting recipe 7 Minute Frosting goes very well with it! I did use regular flour as I had no cake flour on hand, but it didn't hurt the outcome at all. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :) Made for PAC Fall 08