Recipe by bakingfanatic
This recipe is so delicious and it will really spoil you. So whatch out, one bite may end up being the whole cake. Its a fudgy delight and a chocolate lovers dream. :-)
Top Review by Chef Karen #3
I would put zero stars. I am a fairly good baker and I don't know what happened to this recipe. It seemed like alot of liquid, but I asummed that bakingfanatic knew what she printed. This bubbled over in my oven, making a huge mess. Burned all over bottom of my oven. Made smoke alarms go off. What a mess!!!! Plus the fact she didn't say if pudding mix should be instant or not. No directions for when the choco. should be added. All around mess. I would not recommend. Sorry bakingfanatic. I would appreciate it if you would reprint and let me know what or if I did anything wrong. Karen
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- Sift flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- In double broiler melt chocolate. Stir in I/2 cup milk and brown sugar until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolk. Set aside to let cool.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Combine vanilla and milk. Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture beating until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pand and bake 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans 10 minutes then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.