Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Homemade moist devil's food cake that can be made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add sugar and butter to hot water and stir until butter is melted.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 baking pan and bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.