Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rich and chocolatey! Perfect end to a romantic dinner :P
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together 3 times and set aside the first 3 ingredients.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water the chocolate morsels. Remove from heat.
- Blend the sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add, one at a time, beating well after each addition, 2 eggs.
- Stir in melted chocolate and add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Add and stir to blend 3/4 c boiling water.
- Pour in 2 greased 8" or 9" layer cake pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25-30 minutes.