Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
My father's favourite. Super easy slow cooker dish. Really good with sour cream mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 1 kg diced beef
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons gravy, powder (pepper flavour is good)
- Put the beef in the slow cooker (no need to brown).
- Mix together the tomato sauce, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, sherry (if using) and salt and pour the mixture over the beef and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
- Stir through the gravy powder and cook on high four a few minutes more.