Recipe by MomLuvs6
For ZWT6. From allbritishfood.com Note: Aug. 17th, 2011 -- We loved this dish. With the 2- 2 1/2 hours of cooking the meat is very tender and the gravy this makes is so delicious, used a slice of bread to soak up the extra gravy on plate.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Loved this recipe! It's super easy to get on the stove & then just cooks itself! The meat was perfectly tender and the flavor reminded us of our favorite Salisbury steak recipe, without all the work! ;) Made just as directed & served it with Recipe #424194. Delicious! Thanks for posting, ML6! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast (stewing steak)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (about)
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled (stock cube)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chuck steak into 1 inches cubes.
- In a saucepan melt shortening, add the onions and meat and brown for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the flour and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat cover with a lid. Simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Season to taste. Turn into a warm casserole and serve immediately.
- It suggests to serve this with either plain boiled or creamed potatoes and buttered cabbage or spring greens.