Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an old Woman's Day recipe - I have not tried it out yet !
- 14.78 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 473.18 ml almonds, blanched
- 14.78 ml sesame seeds
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.19 ml Tabasco sauce
- Heat oils in heavy based frypan.
- Add garlic, curry powder, nuts and sesame seeds.
- Heat, tossing frequently till almonds are golden brown.
- Then place in bowl and add other ingredients.
- Mix well to coat almonds.
- When cool store in airtight container.
I'm afraid this didn't appeal to me.
The reason I"m giving this no-stars is b/c I didn't use the correct oils. I'm really thinking that might have made a difference in the over-all taste. I checked the prices for peanut and sesame oil's and it would have cost me well over $20.- I opted to use 2 t. of olive oil and 1 t. canola oil. I did taste a bit of the curry, but it was mild. I'd be curious to see the taste results using the correct oils. So sorry Kate. Made for HolidayTag.