Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the Cake Mix Doctor
- vegetable oil, spray for misting the pan
- flour, for dusting pan
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray and then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour and set pan aside.
- Place the chocolate and water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, till chocolate melts. about 2-3 minutes.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute
- Scrape bowl down. Increase speed to medium and beat 2-3 mins more.
- The batter should look thick and well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 - 50 mins or until cake springs back when lightly pressed and just starts to pull away from teh sides.
- Remove from Oven, place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes
- Run sharp knife along edges of cake and invert on wire rack to completely cool 20 mins more.
- Frost with Chocolate Pan Frosting (see my recipe).Let frosting set for 20 mins, slice and serve.