Devilish Sesame Chicken With Green Beans and Scallion Rice
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the rice; toast, stirring, for a minute or two.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, lower the heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 17 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, bring enough water to reach a depth of 1 inch to a boil, salt it, add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat until rippling. Add the chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and cook until just softened, 3 minutes. Add the green beans and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix together the tamari, honey, hot sauce, mustard and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables; toss. Drizzle the sesame oil over the chicken.
- Stir the scallions into the rice and fluff with a fork. Serve the chicken over the rice and top with the sesame seeds. and pepper. Cover to keep warm.