Recipe by Mercy
This simple, rich and decadent recipe is from the kitchens of Duncan Hines.
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good except I do agree with others that they were a bit too crumbly. I followed the recipe exactly as written but also took others advice and but the peanut butter mixture in the microwave to smooth it out some before spreading. It has a great taste to it but wish the crust would stick together more.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 1⁄2 ounces marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the melted butter with the cake mix; mixture should be crumbly, if butter is too hot, it will just be sticky.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the mixture for topping.
- Pat the remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9"x13" casserole.
- Combine the peanut butter and the marshmallow creme together and spread evenly over the crumb mixture pressed into the pan.
- Crumble the reserved 1 1/2 cups of cake mixture over the fluffernutter layer.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool and cut into approximately 36 bars.