Recipe by Allybee Z
I have not made these eggs yet, but wanted to put it here for safe keeping. They sound very interesting what with the addition of silken tofu to lighten the cholesteral and what not.
- 1 dozen egg
- 2⁄3 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 9 minutes. Remove the eggs from water and run under cold water for about 1 minute or until cool enough to touch. Peel eggs under cold running water.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and discard 6 of them or save for another use. Set aside the whites.
- Place the remaining yolks in a medium bowl and mash with the tofu, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, horseradish and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the corner of a plastic bag and snip off the end. Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with paprika.