1 hr 4 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
These little appetizers are an all time favorite of Texas hunters. Just know that they are very hot with the rub and the jalapenos, so eat with caution. Prep time includes marinating 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the dove breasts with Lone Star Dry Rub.
- 2(Save rest of the bird for stock, if desired) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Heat grill to a cooking temperature of 200ºF to 220ºF.
- 4Slit the jalapeño on one side and remove seeds.
- 5Stuff a dove breast and a sliver or two of onion in each pepper.
- 6Wrap with a half piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- 7Smoke about 30 to 40 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
- 8Tendermouths should eat cautiously because these are firey hot.
- 9VARIATION: Substitue slices of chicken breast for the dove breast.
Nutritional Facts for Devilish Dove
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2483.0
- Calories from Fat 2119
- Total Fat 235.5 g
- Saturated Fat 70.5 g
- Cholesterol 310.0 mg
- Sodium 3805.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 58.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings