Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another recipe from my favorite veggie folder. It's perfect for a buffet table or as a side dish. This will feed 4 people... to serve a larger crowd, just double ingredients. I think you will really like this! Please don't omit the chopped eggs, I have made this mistake and it is just not as good!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or to taste)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsley chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cracker crumb, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 1-1/2-quart baking dish, or a dish large enough to hold the mixture.
- In a large saucpan, melt butter.
- Add in flour, mustard powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix/whisk well to combine.
- Add in half and half cream; stir/whisk until thick and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in bacon, chopped eggs, corn niblets and creamed corn; mix well to combine.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Combine the cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
- Garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs if desired.