Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
These are from the 2006 veg society's "sinners" christmas menu. Note - the sweet potato needs to be cooked the day before.
For the puffs
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons self raising flour
For the dipping sauce
- 15 g creamed coconut, mashed
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- DAY BEFORE --.
- Heat oven to 200C / 400°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes until soft; remove and cool overnight.
- SERVING DAY --.
- Make the sauce by mixing the water and coconut then adding the other ingredients. It should be cloudy not lumpy. If it has any lumps in mash them out.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and discard skin (or eat if you are me). Mix the flesh with the flour and whizz in a processor/blender until smooth, sticky paste.
- Place in a piping bag with a 1cm nozzle.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry (if you don't have a deep fat fryer use approximately 1 lt oil in a deep pan) until it turns a cube of bread brown in 15 seconds.
- Pipe bite inch long sections of the paste into the pan cutting off each section with a knife.
- Cook for 2 minutes until brown and crispy, drain and serve with the sauce.