Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is sooo good--and yes, it says potato chips.
- 4 large green peppers
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed barbecue flavored potato chips
- 1 (3 ounce) cansmoke-flavored deviled ham
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut off the tops of the green pepper and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling, salted water to cover for 5 minutes; drain and set peppers aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cook the chicken, chopped green pepper and onion together in butter over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently; drain well.
- Combine the chicken mixture, chips, ham, and egg; mix well. Fill peppers with the mixture.
- Place in an 8-inch baking dish; pour tomato sauce over and all around peppers. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes; sprinkle cheese over top of peppers, and bake 5 minutes more.
Im really sorry but this was dreadful. Firstly there was far to much mixture to fill the peppers and when I took it out of the oven some of it was well cooked while the egg was no where near cooked. Even if it was cooked the mixture just looked awful so I cant imagine it would have tasted nice. Really sorry because I did want this to work.