Recipe by ebbtide
This is a surefire pleaser, found many years ago on eatchicken.com. So easy, yet different from run-of-mill baked chicken. The corn makes a great accompaniment. Supposedly this recipe eminated from farmers of Eastern Shore Maryland.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Thank you, ebbtide, for a wonderful recipe. Made this recipe from corn we had bought at the summer farmer's market and froze. Would give this 10 stars if I could! Served with floridaGrl's tomato watermelon salad. Complimented the dish perfectly!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, stir together melted butter, mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Brush corn and each chicken piece thouroughly with the butter mixture.
- Arrange chicken in one layer in large baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Set corn in a seperate baking dish, covering with aluminum foil.
- Bake both dishes for one hour, serve hot.