Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs beef round steak (Round Steak should be cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick.)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- carrot curls or parsley
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces.
- Combine dry mustard, salt and pepper; sprinkle over round steak and pound on both sides with meat mallet.
- Brown steak quickly in oil in large frying pan.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms and add enough water to make 1/2 cup.
- Add liquid and Worcestershire sauce to steak.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove steak to warm serving platter and top with mushrooms.
- Garnish with carrot curls and parsley or celery leaves.