Recipe by TGirl,RN
The blend of worcestershire, dry mustard, and brown sugar create a delicious sauce that is perfect over egg noodles. Left over sauce and noodles make a yummy lunch, even without the meat! Thanks to my wonderful Mom for this recipe--a true childhood favorite!
Top Review by Chrissyo
Just a delicious and comforting meal! We served it with brown rice. I followed your recipe to the "T". It is a very simple dish to throw together. I browned the meat in my heavy iron casserole dish so this was a one pot meal for me. ;-) TGirl you are so right the sauce is excellent and the meat just melt in the mouth. This recipe brought back childhood memories for me as my mother use to cook a similar dish so I was really happy to find yours. Thank you so very much for this delicious main course. YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into 2 x 3 inch pieces or 4 -6 pieces of cubed steak
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed/minced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in electric frying pan or other large skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Dredge meat in flour and saute on both sides till browned (do not cook through).
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl until well blended.
- Pour mixture over meat, lower heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours to ensure tenderness of beef.
- Sauce is excellent when served over cooked egg noodles.