Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A good alternate to the traditional preparation of the steak
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb boneless beef tenderloin or 1 lb sirloin
- For Sauce, combine first 6 ingredient.
- Trim fat from meat, and grill meat on an uncovered grill directly over medium hot coals for 6 minutes. Brush with sauce. Turn and grill to desired doneness, allowing 6-9 minutes more for medium, brushing frequently with sauce. Brush any remaining sauce over steak before serving.
- **Broiling instructions**.
- Place meat on the unheated rack or a broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Turn and broil to desired doneness, allowing 7-11 minutes more for medium. Brush frequently with sauce.