1/1 Photo of Deviled Shrimp With Bacon Dip
I found this recipe in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, as part of their special section of Super Bowl party recipes. It is originally from "Great Party Dips," by Peggy Fallon (Wiley, $16.95). It is an absolutely superb blend of shrimp, bacon, and cream cheese, with a bit of a kick provided by horseradish, cayenne, green onions, and parmesan cheese. Serve with crackers or pita chips. Great stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cooked peeled medium-sized shrimp
- 6 ounces lean thick-sliced bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish (I used a little more)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Chop shrimp coarsely.
- 2In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned, for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then chop finely.
- 3In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, all but 1 tablespoon of the parmesan cheese, the horseradish, lemon juice, and cayenne. Mix until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, bacon, and green onions. Scrape the mixture into a small gratin or other shallow baking dish, spreading into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan over the top.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly hot and the top is lightly browned. Serve warm, right from the baking dish.
- 5Makes about 2 cups, or 6 to 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Shrimp With Bacon Dip
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.4
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 633.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.2 g