Recipe by evelyn/athens
A great seafood appetizer.
Top Review by chia
this was delicious and simple to prepare. the only thing i did differently was to add some tabasco sauce for heat, and i cooked it in 1 large au gratin pan , my individual pans are very small and i didn't want the crab sauce to overflow. i cooked it in the oven for 20 minutes, then put it under the broiler for 2 minutes to slightly brown the top- nice main course, i served it with brown rice
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup cream
- 5 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 390F and put rack in middle of oven.
- Cook onion and peppers in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl, add breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and Tabasco.
- Stir in cream, crab meat and season to taste.
- Divide shrimp among 4 individual, buttered gratin dishes; spoon crab mixture over.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 12-15 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and tops are golden-brown.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread and chilled, white wine.