3 hrs 20 mins
These delicious shrimp are wonderful to serve as part of a party buffet. Just watch them disappear !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium to large shrimp
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1Shell and devein the shrimp.
- 2Bring 1 quart salted water to the boil,, add the shrimp, and cook for 3 minutes ONLY.
- 3Drain at once and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 4In a bowl combine the lemon slices, onion slices and pimiento; toss well.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine the oil, garlic, dry mustard, salt, lemon juice, wine vinegar, bay leaf, cayenne, and parsley.
- 6Whisk together and add to the bowl with the lemon slice mixture.
- 7Arrange the shrimp on a serving dish and pour the marinade over the top.
- 8Cover and chill for 3 hours ( no longer ) before serving.
- 9Serve with toothpicks .
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 857.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g