Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Vegetarian twist on deviled eggs! I came up with this recipe when my husband and I wanted to eat a healthier diet. The kids love them, and they are quick for parties or as a side dish and even as a snack! The trick is to not over cook the potatoes.
- 12 fingerling potatoes, your choice of color, I like purple because it's fun
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, prepared as directed
- balsamic vinegar
- good quality mustard
- Boil the potatoes, halve and use a melon baller to scoop out middles leaving skin intact.
- Mix prepared mashed potatoes with mustard and vinegar to taste.
- Put filling in a plastic bag with the corner cut out and pipe into halved, hollowed potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.