Prep 6 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are the spicy nuts served in all the bars at Neiman Marcus. Please feel free to reduce the salt.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shelled pecan halves or 1 lb walnuts or 1 lb almonds
- Mix the salt, celery salt, garlic salt and cayenne together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the nuts and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown; it is important to keep shaking the pan while the nuts are cooking to avoid burning them.
- Drain the nuts on paper towels.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl while still hot and sprinkle with the salt mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Makes about 4 cups.
These are yummy! I used about 1 cup each of pecans, almonds, cashews and blanched peanuts. Substituted 1 teaspoon sea salt for kosher and reduced the celery salt to 1 teaspoon. It worked for me and I can't keep my hand out of the jar!
These nuts were quick and easy to make and tasted yummy! The had a nice roasty flavour and the spices went great together. For my liking they needed a bit more each of the cayenne pepper and garlic powder, though. Next time Im making them Ill just double the amounts listed. Following your advice I reduced the salt considerably and didnt feel the nuts were missing anything in that part.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this nice recipe with us, Annacia.
Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit Wonders October 2010.
verry good quick and easy