Recipe by Annacia
These are the spicy nuts served in all the bars at Neiman Marcus. Please feel free to reduce the salt.
Top Review by SkyGlitter
These are yummy! I used about 1 cup each of pecans, almonds, cashews and blanched peanuts. Substituted 1 teaspoon sea salt for kosher and reduced the celery salt to 1 teaspoon. It worked for me and I can't keep my hand out of the jar!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shelled pecan halves or 1 lb walnuts or 1 lb almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salt, celery salt, garlic salt and cayenne together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the nuts and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown; it is important to keep shaking the pan while the nuts are cooking to avoid burning them.
- Drain the nuts on paper towels.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl while still hot and sprinkle with the salt mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Makes about 4 cups.