Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the strangest combination of ingredients that all come together to taste like something completely different. A little bit creamy and a little bit cheesy with the great sweet pop of green peas. From Company's Coming - Garden Greens. Note: Prep time includes hard boiling eggs.
- 3 cups cooked fresh peas or 3 cups thawed-from-frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons hard margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttery cracker crumb
- Place peas in an ungreased 1.5 L (1 1/2 qt) casserole.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over peas and spread evenly.
- Layer egg on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Melt margarine and stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven for about 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.