1/2 Photos of Deviled Oven-Fried Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
Tender, juicy, and flavorFULL! When I cook for guests I'm known for making too much. I made this for a party of 30 and it disappeared before I knew what happened! The original recipe in the "Live Longer Cookbook" by Readers' Digest calls for a mixture of butter and olive oil to be drizzled on top. This dish doesn't need it to to be fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, mustard, garlic, and red pepper.
- 2Add the chicken pieces, cover and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 4In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, cheese, sage, and rosemary.
- 5Dredge the chicken pieces in the crumb mixture and place them on a rack in a baking pan.
- 6Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked with a fork.
- 7If desired, place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 262.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 56.6 g