1/1 Photo of Deviled Mushrooms on Toasted Ciabatta
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A fabulous classic English dish which I have slightly adapted from a version I found on an English website and which I'm posting for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. It makes an ideal light lunch or supper snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 14 ounces chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, low-fat is fine
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1Preheat the grill to high.
- 2Heat the butter in a non-stick pan with the olive oil, until the butter begins to foam, add the sliced shallots and gently saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they have softened.
- 3Add the halved mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes, over a moderate heat, or until they have softened and are golden.
- 4Add the paprika, stir well, then add the Worcestershire sauce and the mustard, stir well and cook for a further minute, before adding the sour cream.
- 5Lower the heat, and gently heat the cream through for 1 minute.
- 6Meanwhile rub the slices of bread with the garlic, cut side down and place place the slices of bread onto a baking sheet, then under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes, on each side, or until toasted and golden.
- 7Remove the toasted slices from the grill, place them onto a serving plate and spoon the mushroom mix over the top.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve.
- 9Chef's Note: Chestnut mushrooms are a closed cup mushroom with a wonderfully rich flavour. If you cannot find these, use flat field mushrooms which are always great, but may need a little more cooking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Mushrooms on Toasted Ciabatta
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard