Recipe by Charlotte J
I love Deviled Ham and hadn't had any since I was a kid when my Mom would open the stuff in the small white paper can. I came across this recipe and just loved it. It brought back fond memories! Cooks' notes: • Celery can be cut 6 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. • Deviled ham can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Also good served with crackers.
Top Review by MsSally
This brought back memories from my childhood. I used a can of diced ham and used about 2 T of parsley and 2 T of diced celery leaves. DH and I split this for our lunch. Very good with celery and crackers.
- 10 celery ribs, strings discarded if desired
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked smoked ham (1/8-inch-thick)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim a thin strip down length of rounded side of each celery rib to form a flat bottom, then rest celery on flat bottom. Cut away curved edges with a large knife to form flat-sided pieces of celery, discarding trimmings.
- Diagonally cut celery into 32 (1 1/4-inch) lengths.
- Pulse half of ham in a food processor until finely chopped, then mince remaining ham with a sharp large knife.
- Stir together finely chopped and minced ham with remaining ingredients and pepper to taste in a bowl, then mound 1 teaspoon of filling onto each piece of celery.