Recipe by 4-H Mom
Came across this recipe today. Sounds good.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great breakfast/brunch casserole. I made this as written. The flavor was good but very mild. You really couldn't detect the horseradish or mustard too well. When I make this again, I will double the horseradish and mustard and probably add some chopped scallions, too. Thanx!
- 4 slices bread
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread, cut bread in half diagonally. Toast crusts until lightly browned. Place crusts in a greased casserole dish.
- Combine ham, hard cooked eggs, horseradish and mustard, spoon mixture over crusts.
- Arrange toasted bread slices over ham mixture.
- Mix together beaten eggs, milk, salt and peper, pour over toasted bread slices.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or until set.