Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe my mom made as far back as I can remember. I have since taken over the family get-togethers over the past 25+ years, and this is a "must" at everyone of them (because my 91 yr old mom still says so). Personally, I will say this dip "must" be served with "Bugles" corn chips made by General Mills (that's all I've ever known and liked with this). I know some people may not be able to find them, so choose your favorite. I hope you like this super simple recipe. (Cook time reflects refrigeration time). Enjoy.
- 1 (4 ounce) can deviled ham (I use Underwood)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion, plus (dehydrated)
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion (dehydrated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- bugles corn chips (or your favorite if you can't find them)
- Mix everything in a bowl (except chips). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to soften onion and allow flavors to blend. May be made a day ahead for ease of serving at a party.
- Serve with your favorite dippers. Enjoy!
Rosie's Note to me: (Best to let the deviled ham dip set awhile to soften the dried, minced onions and let the flavors blend). As I read the recipe, mam -O- mam, My Mom & Dad did the same Dip, and the Ingredients all look the same to me but one roasted the onion and minced it, and it is Underwood deviled ham my mom use, dad use ham with some herbs. I can not play with a PERFECT Recipe as this is. Underwood Spreads has had a tradition of excellence since 1868, earning the 2008 ChefsBest Certified Award for Deviled Ham. Add spice to your life! You have a great week and I'll see you in the threads for some more of your grate recipe! Thank you!! ....PRMR 2013....Grpa ....I WILL HAVE SOME MORE DIP TO Enjoyed! EATttttttttt HEY KIDS!! COME BACK HERE I LIKE TO HAVE SOME Of THAT DIP TOO !!..... It's that GOOD !! UPDATE: I hadn?t seen that can in years, but I instantly remembered how much I loved deviled ham and pickle sandwiches when I was young. I decided it was time to make a batch of my own. My grandson got me some Underwood deviled ham and have to go back for a lot more. ....PRMR 2013....Grpa ..
Really enjoyed this along with the Nascar race, though I really didn't taste and celery flavors.. Easy as be to prepare, Enjoyed these with some plain potato chios. Made for PRMR Tag
Very nice and creamy.