Recipe by Barb in WNY
A ham and cheese spread to be served two ways, hot or cold. Cooking time is the refrigerating time for a cold spread.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 1⁄2 ounces deviled ham
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- pumpernickel bread or rye bread, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, ham spread, mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish.
- Spoon into a small crock or mound on a saucer.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours and serve cold as a spread on bread.
- To serve hot, preheat broiler, if necessary.
- Spread mixture on bread slices and broil 5-8 minutes from heating element until bubbly, serve hot.
- Makes 2 cups.