Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A yummy tidbit to offer at your next party.
Make and share this Deviled Ham and Caper Canapes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 ounce) can deviled ham, broken up with fork
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 24 slices white bread or 24 slices whole wheat bread, toasted lightly, 1 1/2 inch rounds
- Combine ham, mustards, mayonnaise, capers and cayenne and stir until combined well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread 1 tsp on each toast round, mounding it and broil canapés on a jelly-roll pan, about 4 inches from heat, for 2-4 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
I used canned, but not deviled ham to prepare this canapé, as I don't care for the flavor of deviled ham. I also reduced the amount of mayo by half, as it would have been far too liquidy for my taste. I love the combo of ham, mayo and mustard, adding the salty capers was perfect. I spread this on little rounds of multi-whole-grain bread and thoroughly enjoyed the snack.