Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not your sweet kind of dish. Tangy and gooood!
Make and share this Deviled Grilled Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 lbs short rib of beef, cut into serving size pieces
- unseasoned meat tenderizer
- Prepare grill.
- Combine mustard, horseradish and Worcestershire in a bowl.
- Sprinkle beef with meat tenderizer.
- Place meat on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 30 to 40 minutes, turning often or until desired doneness is reached.
- Brush with mustard mixture during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Following the directions, these short ribs were too tough to eat(bone-in, the only kind sold where I live). I grilled them for the minimum amount of time, 30 minutes. Cooking them longer would not have made them more tender. My rating is based on having to re-cook the short ribs, in the oven via brazing, before we could eat them. Had they been tender enough to eat directly off the grill, I would have rated them higher. Trying to keep them deviled before sticking them in the oven, I put them in a Pyrex dish then sprinked Coleman's dry mustard over all the ribs followed by about 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic and 1 1/2 tsp. flour. Then I dumped about 3 Tbs. dried onions over the top before pouring some beef stock I had just used to cook cabbage for another recipe and maybe 1/4 cup cranraspberry juice. The liquid was about 3/4" to 1" deep. The dish was then tightly covered with tin foil and put in a 350 degree over for 1 1/4 hours. The reason I used dehydrated onions was because I was in a hurry. We ate much later than normal, but there was no choice. We enjoyed the dish when it was finally done, but it was not the recipe posted here. It was served with horseradish sauce and Bubble and Squeek (fried cabbage and potatoes) as a side dish.