1/1 Photo of Deviled Green Beans
My family really enjoys this recipe. It came from the newspaper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil green beans in 2 cups of water for approximately 6 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- 2Drain beans, reserving 3 Tbsp cooking liquid.
- 3(This may be done ahead.) Refrigerate until ready to finish.
- 4About 15 minutes before serving, warm the bacon grease or olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and cook just until softened.
- 6Whisk together the reserved cooking liquid, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- 7Add to the onions and stir.
- 8Add the beans and stir to coat.
- 9Cover and simmer on low for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Taste and add salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g