Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family really enjoys this recipe. It came from the newspaper!
Make and share this Deviled Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Boil green beans in 2 cups of water for approximately 6 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- Drain beans, reserving 3 Tbsp cooking liquid.
- (This may be done ahead.) Refrigerate until ready to finish.
- About 15 minutes before serving, warm the bacon grease or olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook just until softened.
- Whisk together the reserved cooking liquid, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Add to the onions and stir.
- Add the beans and stir to coat.
- Cover and simmer on low for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
GREAT RECIPE--I 'LOVE' GREEN BEANS--WITH BACON FLAVORING--& THE 'OTHER' INGRED. ONLY 'ADD' TO THE RECIPE! Thank you sooo much! :) Have a good day!
Nice bean dish. I used frozen whole beans, omitted the water, added all of the ingredients, and covered/simmered on low until done-no problems. Thank You MrsEL-
This was a nice side dish for our dinner. We could taste the mustard and brown sugar without them being overpowering. I used fresh beans and only cooked them initially for a few minutes and rinsed them under cold water. After cooking them later, they still had some crisp to them (since we don't like mushy vegetables). We will have this easy, tasty recipe again.