Recipe by lazyme
I got this recipe from Sunset Favorite Recipes and have used it for years. Most times I use fresh green beans, but when I'm in a hurry I use canned beans and cook for less time.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces pimiento, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic, green pepper, and pimientos in butter until onions are limp.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mustard, tomato sauce, and cheese.
- Combine beans and sauce; turn into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake covered in a 350 oven for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.