This is a different way to prepare green beans instead of just plain old beans. We were pleasantly surprised by the taste, and I would serve it with more of a plain type meat like breaded pork chops, or breaded chicken because it has its own distinctive taste. This came from a 1970's cookbook called "Cooking for Two".
- Drain liquid from beans into a saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; cook liquid till reduced to about one-third.
- Add beans and heat through; drain.
- Add butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; stir gently till blended.
- Sprinkle with cornflake crumbs.