Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Green beans this easy to do are great. The mustard and vinegar give this a nice medium tart and hot dish.
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Cook beans on high for 9 minutes or until tender crisp in microwave, stir once then let sit covered Microwave butter or margarine in small bowl on high 45 seconds or until melted Add mustard, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar, stir until smooth.
- Drain beans, add mustard mixture, toss to combine.
- Microwave, covered, on high 1 minute or until heated through.
We really enjoyed this recipe - it is easy quick & tasty. I used fresh Frenched beans Mixed the sauce in a small saucepan, made it early in the day and heated it when I cooked the beans Thanks Tebo for a keeper
It was an easy recipe. We did not like it. The mustard overpowered the beans. I think the better way, is to cook the beans in the oven, the microwave did not work.
We like strong flavors and this sure is tasty. Maybe even so much, that I would reduce the acid to either lemonjuice or vinegar, just like evewitch suggested. It wouldn't thin the sauce so much either, that way. I used olive oil instead of butter, forms the emulsion with acid just the same. Requires more salt, though. This was great with the Pounded Pork Chops recipe.